Thursday 8 February 2018

What to do on long winter evenings #5

Part of my recent peregrinations have involved an extended walk around central London on a particularly cold and un-pleasant Sunday afternoon. So I was pleased to discover Arthur Beale's chandlery were still open.

For those who don't know, Arthur Beales operate a rather traditional chandlery from rather restricted premises on Shaftesbury Avenue. If not actually able to go sailing, a visit will lighten the soul and warm the heart.

Choose your bottle screws from this magngificent display 
























It is my contention that they always have something for me, and this time it turned out to be a pair of small stand up blocks for the main sheet traveller. I do also have my eye on their lovely spirit lanterns though. Long may they continue to thrive. Just to note also, they didn't ask me to do this, but the link to their web site is https://www.arthurbeale.co.uk/ .  

No comments:

Post a Comment